To help you stay on top of the regulatory complexity, provide opportunities to network, and learn best practices for a strong privacy program, we’ve compiled a list of must-attend privacy and security events. RadarFirst will be exhibiting —and in some cases speaking and sharing thought leadership— at these shows, so stop by our booth to see how the Radar software cuts privacy incident response by 50%.
See RadarFirst at these Can’t-Miss Events in 2020
IAPP Data Protection Intensive: UK 2020 is March 11-12 in London. We’ll have an exhibit, and RadarFirst CEO and founder Mahmood Sher-Jan will present: Time is Money: Real-World Best Practices to Meet Breach Notification Deadlines. The event features workshops and breakout sessions on artificial intelligence, adtech, details of GDPR compliance, and more.
24th Annual HCCA Compliance Institute, held March 29-April 1, in Nashville, Tenn., is “your home base for all things healthcare compliance.” Solve problems, connect with peers, and become a compliance pro by obtaining CEUs and taking certification exams.
IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2020, held April 7-8 in Washington, D.C., is considered “the most comprehensive data privacy event on the planet.” It features more than 250 expert speakers on topics like consumer privacy, operations management, regulatory developments, and privacy-enhancing tech.
IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium 2020, held May 21-22 in Toronto, is the country’s number-one privacy event. It includes a full program of speakers, training, networking, and the always-popular Commissioners’ Game Show.
3rd Annual RadarFirst User Summit, is on August 2-5, in beautiful Portland, Oregon. We’re not gonna lie…this is the premier privacy and security event. Last year, Pam Dixon, founder and executive director of the World Privacy Forum, delivered the keynote address. She reinforced the inevitability of a data privacy or security incident for today’s organizations. “If you have data, you will have a data breach,” she said. “End of discussion, it’s just going to happen.”
IAPP Privacy. Security. Risk. 2020 is on October 1-2 in Austin, Texas. The 2019 conference “took on the digital world’s growing presence in daily life and the big operational issues in privacy program management.” Hot topics included managing data subject access requests and tips for building a strong privacy program in today’s chaotic regulatory world.
Bonus Regional Events to Hone Your Privacy and Security Skills in 2020
Check out these other events next year:
- Local IAPP KnowledgeNet meetings span the globe, from Calgary and Cleveland to Luxembourg and Los Angeles. There’s sure to be one near you.
- HCCA regional meetings are all across the United States. Next year, sites include Atlanta, Portland, Ann Arbor, and Philadelphia. For a tropical twist, try the event in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- The Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) holds webinars, regional conferences, and other events throughout the year.
Can’t Wait Until Next Year? Featured Resources You Can Use Now
There’s still time in 2019 to prep your organization’s incident response management program for the new year. These resources are a great place to start:
- Breach Law Radar, a free, in-depth, and up-to-date regulatory research platform that helps organizations stay current with global data breach notification regulations.
- Incident risk assessment simulator, a free, web-based interactive simulator that automatically the risk of common data privacy incidents to demonstrate the efficiency, consistency, and risk mitigation benefits of its purpose-built technology.
- Benchmarking article series for the IAPP Privacy Advisor that provides industry statistics to help you better evaluate and fine-tune your privacy program.
We hope to see you at these upcoming events in 2020!