PAST EVENT: In-House Counsel Summit on Data Privacy and Security
This event is an opportunity for in-house counsel to learn the current trends and issues surrounding the use of consumer data - including best practices for responding to a data breach. Network with fellow attorneys grappling with the same privacy and security issues you have - and meet the RADAR team while you’re there!
There are two opportunities to meet our team.
1. Attend our speaking session
Identify Approaches for Complying with Data Breach Notification Laws
11:40 am - 12:40 pm on Thursday, September 27
While there is no unifying federal law requiring data breach notification, nearly every state has a law requiring a company to notify consumers when there has been a data breach. For larger companies, managing these different laws can be cumbersome and expensive. In-house counsel should understand the best approaches for maintaining compliance with these different laws.
- Develop a strong data breach notification strategy that complies with most statutes
- Determine whether the company is subject to any unexpected extrajurisdictional authority
- Discuss methods for reducing liability in the event of a violation of these data breach notification laws
- Angela Jackson, Corporate Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer at H&R Block, Canada
- Rachel Reid, Chief Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer at Voya Financial
- Mahmood Sher-Jan, CEO and Founder of RADAR, Inc.
2. ....or visit our booth!
Stop by our booth in the exhibitor hall to learn more about our patented technology that simplifies compliance with global data breach laws - including the EU GDPR.
We would love to talk to you about your privacy program and how you can operationalize incident response using automation and purpose-built technology. Email email@example.com to schedule time to demo RADAR during this conference.