GRC applications address enterprise-level governance, risk and compliance issues. Despite their wide range of features and functionality, they lack the ability to deliver automation and decision support guidance for incident response management relative to data breach notification laws.
GRC applications are not designed to keep up with new and evolving data breach notification regulations, cannot provide an automated and consistent method for multifactor and multi-jurisdictional incident risk assessment, and do not generate guidance to determine if an incident is a breach based on current regulations, including who to notify in the event of a breach.
Enter RadarFirst, a patented, purpose-built incident response management platform that automates and simplifies the process of assessing privacy and security incidents to determine if the incident is a breach, whether it is notifiable, which regulatory bodies must be notified, and by what date. By layering RadarFirst functionality in conjunction with an existing GRC platform’s capabilities, organizations are able to bring the following to their privacy practices:
- Automated decision-support guidance based on current data breach regulations, including the EU GDPR, HIPAA, GLBA, and state data breach laws; allowing organizations to make a breach determination up to 200 times faster than existing manual or spreadsheet-based processes.
- Consistency in incident risk assessment, eliminating subjectivity inherent in manual approaches.
- Proof of compliance with data breach notification laws.
- Assurance that the organization is neither over or underreporting incidents.
- A repository of current global data breach notification law overviews, along with continuously updated regulatory watchlists of proposed and recently passed legislation.
- Real-time analytics dashboards and reporting capabilities to pinpoint trends, identify root causes, improve your process and pull reports for internal and external stakeholders.
The ecosystem of detection, analysis, monitoring, and management systems are effective at identifying security and privacy events, but don’t provide guidance on whether such an event rises to the level
of a notifiable breach under US state, federal, or international data breach laws.
Picking up where the GRC platform leaves off, RadarFirst is able to take information gathered in your GRC, perform an automated multi-factor risk assessment, and feed that information back into the GRC for documentation and case management — preserving the GRC as the source of truth.
RadarFirst integrates with security and privacy tools including GRC platforms via a REST API, allowing data generated from other sources to automate the creation of incidents in RadarFirst. Cross-platform compatibility and integration eases compliance efforts across the organization, and helps provide a more comprehensive and consolidated view of risk. The insights gathered from RadarFirst reports and dashboards inform improvement efforts for the entire incident response lifecycle.