GRC applications address enterprise-level governance, risk and compliance issues. Despite their wide range of features and functionality, they lack the ability to deliver automation and decision support guidance for incident response management relative to data breach notification laws.
GRC applications are not designed to keep up with new and evolving data breach notification regulations, cannot provide an automated and consistent method for multi-factor and multi- jurisdictional incident risk assessment, and do not generate guidance to determine if an incident is a breach based on current regulations, including who to notify in the event of a breach.
Enter Radar, a patented, purpose-built incident response management platform that automates and simplifies the process of assessing privacy and security incidents to determine if the incident is a breach, whether it is notifiable, which regulatory bodies must be notified, and by what date. By layering Radar functionality in conjunction with an existing GRC platform’s capabilities, organizations are able to bring the following to their privacy practices:
- Automated decision-support guidance based on current data breach regulations, including the EU GDPR, HIPAA, GLBA, and state data breach laws – allowing organizations to make a breach determination up to 200 times faster than existing manual or spreadsheet-based processes.
- Consistency in incident risk assessment, eliminating subjectivity inherent in manual approaches.
- Proof of compliance with data breach notification laws
- Assurance that the organization is neither over or under-reporting incidents.
- A repository of current global data breach notification law
overviews, along with continuously updated regulatory
watchlists of proposed and recently passed legislation.
- Real-time analytics dashboards and reporting capabilities to pinpoint trends, identify root causes, improve your process and pull reports for internal and external stakeholders.
Picking up where the GRC platform leaves off, Radar is able to take information gathered in your GRC, perform an automated multi-factor risk assessment, and feed that information back into the GRC for documentation and case management – preserving the GRC as the source of truth.
Radar integrates with security and privacy tools including GRC platforms via a REST API, allowing data generated from other sources to automate the creation of incidents in Radar. Cross-platform compatibility and integration eases compliance efforts across the organization, and helps provide a more comprehensive and consolidated view of risk. The insights gathered from Radar reports and dashboards inform improvement efforts for the entire incident response lifecycle.
Explore How Radar Works
Make the Right Notification Decisions with Less Effort
Radar is the only solution with automated risk scoring and breach notification decision-support, helping you avoid the pitfalls of over- and under-notifying.