When an incident is detected, and the disclosure of personal data is confirmed, the incident has evolved to include a dimension of privacy.
A privacy dimension brings with it increased complexity: is this incident a breach, and if so, which state, federal, or international breach notification laws apply? What is the deadline for required notification? And at the end of the day, what steps must be taken to mitigate further risk, resolve the incident, and maintain compliance?
The Challenge: Compliance with federal, state, and international data breach regulations
Organizations that hold personal data in industries such as finance, insurance, and healthcare must comply with data breach notification laws of each U.S. state, as well as all applicable federal laws such as the HIPAA Final Breach Notification Rule and the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA) and international regulations such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These regulations impose strict breach notification requirements on data breaches that involve personal information.
Each incident must be assessed in accordance with the federal, state, and international laws where the entity conducts business or the affected individuals reside. And in order to maintain compliance, detailed knowledge of changing regulatory requirements and exception provisions in breach notification laws is fundamental.
The Solution: Data breach notification laws mapped to an automated risk assessment
RadarFirst is a patented and secure SaaS solution that helps organizations comply with federal, state, and international breach notification laws. Each law is mapped to an automated risk assessment that considers all relevant risk factors involved in a specific privacy incident, programmatically analyzing risk of harm based on all applicable data breach notification laws and regulations.
The RadarFirst Breach Guidance Engine™ leads users through an intuitive workflow that profiles and scores data privacy and security incidents and generates incident-specific notification guidelines to meet compliance and quickly resolve incidents.
Why use RadarFirst for Compliance?
RadarFirst enables organizations to:
- Comply with data breach notification laws using
RadarFirst’s patented Breach Guidance Engine™.
- Anticipate regulatory changes by staying current with ever-changing breach notification rules and obligations.
- Mitigate risk and perform analysis to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Operationalize the incident response lifecycle from discovery and investigation to remediation and notification, for consistent and efficient privacy incident management.
- Stay organized and secure by storing all incident assessment documentation, breach notifications, incident response, and audit logs in one repository.